Sunday, June 17, 2007

Recent Good Times...

So, about 15 minutes before I got off work on Monday night, my wife emails me and says that she is picking me because she has a surprise for me. Sweet. Surprises from my wife are good. She picked me up and had small bag of snacks. I asked what was going on. She asked if I trusted her. Yep. You bet. And we drove on I-5 north to Vancouver, beyond Vancouver and after we got just past Kalama, she spilled the beans.
"Do you wanna know where we're going?"
"Sure..."
"I called the Target in Kelso and they said that they have 2 Wiis... but that we had to come quick. So they may not have it, but I thought it would be a fun adventure."
"Sweet."
We pulled into the Target parking lot and made our way quickly to the Electronics section, all the while suspiciously eyeing everyone with a cart and a child.
One left.
Happy Birhtday to me, Happy Birthday to me...

The Wii is great fun, and it is nice to be playing games and moving around... the whole use of the remote with motion requires imagination, which is far more joyous than the increased capabilities of the other systems available.

This weekend my wife and I went to visit her family up in Washington. Her youngest brother is graduating high school and so we went and hung out for the weekend. The ceremony was fine and hanging with the in-laws was really good. But the highlight was really reading Scripture in the library nook at my father-in-law's house. It was the most life-giving experience with Scripture I have had in a long time. I think part of that reality is that my wife and I have been leading a home community and just stepped down. It is the first time that I was reading for me and not to gleen something for others. Which in theory I knew was not a good way to go about things, but in practice becomes hard to do. So, refreshing time with Jesus. Yay!
Here is hoping you have a very life giving experience with God soon.

No comments: